Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Dunce-Cap Nation?


You can take a global IQ quiz here at the Newsweek website, but with 150 questions of mostly trivia, it's not going to make you feel very smart. (I stopped at question 50)

Since we're on the subject of not feeling so good about yourself, there's yet another poll that "found many gaps in America's knowledge." While I'm not so concerned with Americans being able to know the first five presidents, there are some more troubling statistics. 41% thought that Saddam had something to do with 9/11. More of the adults polled knew the winner of American Idol than the Current Supreme Court Chief Justice. I think that it's almost more generational if you know the answer. I know the Chief Justice but I have know idea who won American Idol. You can read more here.

Update: I just asked my wife figuring that she would know both, but she didn't know who won American Idol. Has she moved on into my demographic?

No comments: