Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Anti-Nazi, Anti-Fascist Campaign


After spending time in class talking about Nazis, fascist and the murder and hate that they bring, I think that it’s time for action. As I reported earlier, the store Hot Topic (which I’m told is in many malls in the Chicago area) has buttons for sale. Great, not a problem, right? Well yes, except apparently some of them feature the swastika on them.

How do you feel about that? I personally am shocked and offended. Do they understand what the symbol means? What it stands for?

My mission to you, the youth of Chicagoland, is to
-Gather pictures of the buttons at Hot Topic stores. If you can put a date stamp on them it’s great. Note the time, date, and mall name. Try to take the picture so that we can see the button and also that it’s in the store. Send or bring the digital picture (or print if you have to).


-Ask the people who work there questions like these: “Do you know you sell them?” “What does the swastika mean to you?” Ask the manager about them.

-Tell them what you think about the buttons.

-Don’t buy the buttons!


My plan is to gather information and pressure Hot Topic to apologize and stop carrying the buttons.

Got any other Anti-Nazi tips? Let me know.

No comments: